Starting Sunday, October 11 at 10 AM
Currently, the NJ Governor has approved indoor worship services with no more than 25% of a room’s capacity. Based on this mandate, we will try to accommodate a maximum of 20 people in our sanctuary. Our plans for worshipping indoors will continue to be updated as needed to remain in compliance with current state guidelines.
*** Please note: due to mandated indoor capacity restrictions, registration is required each week for the indoor service. You can sign-up to attend any given service by clicking the button below. It will work on a “first come – first serve” basis.
- We will plan for two services on Sunday mornings. The 9:00am “spoken” (no music) outdoor service, weather permitting, and the 10:00am indoor service.
- The indoor service will be a full service, including music and corporate prayers.
- The the content of the indoor service will mirror the online service.
- Doors will open for the indoor service at 9:45am. The service will start promptly at 10:00am and will be 45 minutes long.
- The greeter will have a list of registered attendees. Walk-in attendees will only be seated if there are available seats. Pre-registered attendees have priority.
- If we are at booked at capacity for any given indoor service, people will have the option to:
- Attend the earlier 9:00am outdoor service.
- View the online service.
- Listen to the service in the parking lot on FM radio 89.9.
- Attend the worship service at Pleasant Grove UMC’s 11:15am.
Indoor Service Guidelines
- People MUST register for each weekly indoor service. (See above)
- All attendees are required to wear masks. We will provide masks for anyone who needs one.
- People will be asked to enter the front doors of the sanctuary, entering at least six feet apart. People will be met by a greeter and directed where to sit. All single attendees will be seated at least 6 feet from the nearest other attendee.
- Families members can sit together in the same pew.
- An offering box will be placed at the entrance for people to give their offerings when they entering or exiting the church.
- There is a hand sanitizer station at doorway.
- People will exit the sanctuary from the back of the church first, one family or individual at a time at least six feet apart.
- Bulletins, Bibles, and hymnals will be available on a table for anyone who would like to use them during the service. There will be no other loose items in the pews (i.e.; prayer cards, pencils, etc.). When exiting, people will place the Bibles or hymnals used during the service in a bin labelled for them. People attending worship services may also bring their own Bibles.
- The sanctuary and restrooms will be systematically cleaned, based on a checklist, prior to each service.
- There will be no indoor fellowship time after the service until it is determined by the Trustees to be safe to do so. Feel free the gather outdoors after the service, while maintaining best practice social distancing guidelines.
- We will now celebrate Holy Communion on the first Sunday of each month at in-person worship services. Communion elements are pre-packed and will be available on a tray for people to pick up at the beginning of the service one at a time. There will be a basket provided for discarding the packaging at the end of service.
- If you are feeling ill or are displaying obvious COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you stay home and join us for worship online.
- If you have been traveling out of state, we ask that you follow NJ state guidelines concerning quarantining.