Sunday Morning at 9:00 AM – OUTDOOR
Starting on Sunday, March 21, 2021, we will conduct outdoor worship services at 9:00am, weather permitting. It will begin promptly at 9:00am and should last no more than 30-35 minutes. Please arrive a little early to get yourselves situated. You are welcome to bring your own chair or you may remain in your car and listen on FM radio station 89.9.
Sunday Morning at 10:00 AM – INDOOR
DeBows UMC is conducting indoor worship services on Sunday mornings at 10:00am. Wearing of masks is required and social distancing guidelines are in affect. We can currently can accommodate a maximum of 20 people in our sanctuary. To help with our capacity planning, we are requesting that people register if they plan to attend an indoor worship service. Please use the link below.
NOTE: If we are at booked at capacity for any given indoor service, people will have the option to:
- Attend the earlier 9:00am outdoor service
- View the online service at debows.online.church
- Attend the worship service at Pleasant Grove UMC at 11:15am
Indoor Service Guidelines
- Doors will open for the indoor service at 9:45am. The service will start promptly at 10:00am and will be 45 minutes long.
- All attendees are required to wear masks. We will provide masks for anyone who needs one.
- People will be asked to enter the front doors of the sanctuary, entering at least six feet apart. People will be met by a greeter and directed where to sit. All single attendees will be seated at least 6 feet from the nearest other attendee.
- Families members can sit together in the same pew.
- An offering box will be placed at the entrance for people to give their offerings when they entering or exiting the church.
- There is a hand sanitizer station at doorway.
- People will exit the sanctuary from the back of the church first, one family or individual at a time at least six feet apart.
- Bulletins, Bibles, and hymnals will be available on a table for anyone who would like to use them during the service. There will be no other loose items in the pews (i.e.; prayer cards, pencils, etc.). When exiting, people will place the Bibles or hymnals used during the service in a bin labelled for them. People attending worship services may also bring their own Bibles.
- The sanctuary and restrooms will be systematically cleaned, based on a checklist, prior to each service.
- There will be no indoor fellowship time after the service until it is determined by the Trustees to be safe to do so. Feel free the gather outdoors after the service, while maintaining best practice social distancing guidelines.
- We will now celebrate Holy Communion on the first Sunday of each month at in-person worship services. Please follow the direction of the Pastor concerning the distribution of the sacramental elements.
- If you are feeling ill, have an elevated temperature, or are displaying any other obvious COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you stay home and join us for worship online.
- If you have been traveling out of state, we ask that you follow NJ state guidelines concerning quarantining.