Our music program is led by our Music Director, Grayce Armstrong. If you would like to share your gift of music or have any questions, please contact Grayce.
DeBows United Methodist Church is blessed with musicians, composers, and singers who care about, and pray for each other, and share their musical talent freely and joyfully. We welcome newcomers to join our music ministry, either vocal or instrumental. Christmas and Easter cantatas provide additional opportunity to sing with the choir. All ages and abilities are welcome.
Sunday Schedule for Choir – (September – June)
- 9:30-9:40 am – Vocal Warm-up and Anthem Rehearsal
- 10:00 am
- Choir leads the worship singing from the pews
- A choir member serves as a cantor to lead congregational singing
- The choir comes forward to make their anthem offering to God on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month
- 11:15 am – 12:15 pm – Choir rehearsal – Practice hymns and anthems to prepare for worship services
The praise band plays the call to worship for informal services, which are conducted on the 4th Sunday of every month. Please contact Grayce if you play an instrument and wish to participate in praise band.
Instrumentalists and vocalists are welcome any time. Please speak to the Pastor or Music Director to schedule your special offering. Special musical offerings are especially encouraged for Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Holy Week and summer Sundays when choir is not in session.
Some of the music presented during worship are original compositions created by members of our music ministry. If you have original music you would like to share with us, please contact Grayce.