Happy fall everyone!
I am very excited to share with you about our new Care Team at DeBows UMC! The Care Team was created to work together to help meet the needs of all of our members. A similar team was created at our sister church Pleasant Grove UMC. This team of church members will look to:
- Bring communion to all of our shut-in/home bound members every month.
- Meet once a month with Pleasant Grove UMC to pray together for all of the prayer requests lifted.
- Welcome and engage with visitors to help them get connected with the ministries/members of the church, and collect contact information so we can follow up with them.
- Keep track of members who have been away for a period of time, and reach out to these members with a phone call and/or note.
- Send cards out monthly to our home bound members.
This team also functions as a small group and ministers to each other as we look to care for the members of our church. If you would like to join our Care Team, we would love to have you join us! Please feel free to reach out to Pastor Denise for more information. The next Care Team Prayer Meeting at DeBows will be on Tuesday, October 15 at 1:00pm.