Below are some of the small group activities taking place at DeBows UMC. Through activities such as these we nurture relationships with God and each other. These groups are open to all and you are welcome to join at anytime.
Wednesday Bible Study
Pastor Denise leads the Wednesday Bible Study, which meets from 11:30 AM until 1:00 PM. There is an optional prayer time in the sanctuary at 11:15 AM, prior to the bible study. Everyone is welcome and can join the study at anytime.
The Care Team was created to work together to help meet the needs of all of our members. A similar team was created at our sister church Pleasant Grove UMC. This team of church members will look to:
- Bring communion to all of our shut-in/home bound members every month.
- Meet once a month with Pleasant Grove UMC to pray together for all of the prayer requests lifted.
- Welcome and engage with visitors to help them get connected with the ministries/members of the church, and collect contact information so we can follow up with them.
- Keep track of members who have been away for a period of time, and reach out to these members with a phone call and/or note.
- Send cards out monthly to our home bound members.
This team also functions as a small group – and ministers to each other as we look to care for the members of our church. If you would like to join our Care Team, we would love to have you join us! Please feel free to reach out to Pastor Denise for more information.
The DeBows Pathfinders enjoy nature and fellowship by going on hikes and nature walks. Participants normally meet at the church and then carpool to the hiking destination. Events can be anything from casual nature walks to more challenging hikes.
Past events have included hikes at Monmouth Battlefield State Park, Sourlands Preserves, Allaire State Park, Double Trouble State Park, and Baldpate Mountain. You can see some pictures from previous hikes by visiting the church website blog. Watch the church calendar for the next hiking event.